Time & Location
About the event
Backbends can be intriguing, intimidating, rewarding. In this workshop we will explore the benefits of backbends, contra-indications, and the role of your body type. We will look at a range of backbending poses, from gentle variations to more advanced. We will also look at how to use props. Please don't have a heavy meal before this workshop and allow at least 1 hour after eating.
You will learn:
- A warm-up sequence for backbends
- Important facts about the spine
- Why backbend?
- What to look out for (contra-indications)
- A range of common backbending poses
- The role of the core muscles in backbending
- The role of the breath
- Examples of using props like yoga blocks, bolsters and straps
- Exploring Yoga Backbends£20£200£0